Webinar: Protect Education in Emergencies Now! An Asia Pacific Regional Dialogue
Asia Pacific Regional Dialogue on how to protect Education in Emergencies.
Did you miss the webinar on Education in Emergencies?
On april 27th our colleague ASPBAE hosted a both instructive and inspiring webinar on how to protect Education in Emergencies - with overview of the challenges, good practives, approaches and lessons learned from the Asia Pacific Region.
Watch the full event here.
The Asia Pacific Regional Dialogue on Education in Emergencies is an online event and forms part of the Global Action Week for Education (GAWE), an annual international week of campaigning for improved national education policies and increased national education budgets organised by the Global Campaign for Education (GCE). The theme of GAWE in 2022 is education in emergencies, and is part of a year-long campaign organised by GCE called ‘Protect Education in Emergencies Now’.
- Welcome, ASPBAE
- Overview of Education in Emergencies in the Asia Pacific: the range and extent of the challenges, good practice by governments in policies and programmes strengthening EiE, and lessons learned.
- Contribution from Afghanistan Youth and Women Headed Family Empowerment
- Contribution from Ms Ir. Suharti, MA. Ph.D., Secretary General of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology, Indonesia and Professor Dr. AQM Shafiul Azam, Director (Planning & Development) Planning and Development Wing, Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE), Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- Presentations from Afghanistan National Education Coalition Organisation (ANECO) Afghanistan Women’s Network (AWN), Thinking Classroom Foundation Myanmar, Centre for Environmental Education (CEE) and more.
- Work in groups: Learning from the experiences of others. Presenters from 4 countries in each group.
- Closing comments, ASPBAE