Independent Monitoring of the Implementation of the Education Programme
Access to quality education remains confronted with multiple problems whose resolution requires the empowerment of civil society through:
- inclusive national processes that guarantee quality sector reviews,
- well-defined perimeters of competence between actors and partners,
- co-learning mechanisms, iv) advocacy around local, national and international mobilisation, v) and good practices for the dissemination of results reports.
This project is in line with this perspective for the emergence of a national environment more favourable to the efforts of local civil society for the realisation of advocacy for inclusive, equitable and quality education.
The principles of implementation are: Start from the existing; Build multi-actors; Build on proximity to strengthen territorial anchoring; Adopt training-action, co-construction and co-learning.
The environment is changing: If from local to national level CSOs mobilise and build partnerships based on the principles of inclusion and equity, acquire skills, base their approaches on the law, If CSOs have the capacity to independently monitor public action, If CSOs collectively carry credible proposals through national coalitions or transnational alliances and influence decisions. If CSOs collectively through national coalitions or transnational alliances make credible proposals and influence decisions, then a more favourable national environment for civil society advocacy for transparency and inclusive, equitable and quality education will be created.
This project led by the National Coalition of Guinea for Education for All (CNG-EPT) through its branches and partners contributes to the construction of an inclusive, transparent and efficient educational governance at the service of the population.
Global objective: Contribute to the promotion of an inclusive, transparent and efficient educational governance responding to the educational problems of the country.
- To strengthen the capacities of CSOs to better understand the national and international educational environment for a more active participation by December 2023.
- To support the implementation of the ProDEG through the promotion of inclusive, equitable and quality education.
- CSOs have a better understanding of the framework for developing and implementing education policies;
- Actors and partners in the education system are mobilised and work together.
- Advocacy actions are carried out for the improvement of education policies and a better consideration of vulnerable and marginalised people;
- The retention and success of girls in school is promoted, especially in 10 pilot schools (5th and 6th grade) located in 10 sub-prefectures in 7 administrative regions (Boké, Kindia, Mamou Labé, Faranah, Kankan and Nzérékoré)
- Actions in favour of inclusive, equitable and quality education are carried out.